The Motto or watchword of the NSS is Not me but you. It underlines that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society on the whole. This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need of selfless service and appreciation of the other man's point of view and also consideration for fellow human beings.
The overall objective of NSS is Education and Personality Development through the community service. The broad objectives of NSS are to:
1. Understand the community in which they work.
2. Understand themselves in relation to their community.
3. Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
4. Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
5. Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
6. Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
7. Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
8. Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
9. Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
10. Practice national integration and social harmony.
Committee Not Available!